The University's Graduate Residence is located in a wing adjoining the John Deutsch University Centre. It accommodates 110 students, each in a single room with private washroom. Other graduate accommodations are Harkness International Hall, and Jean Royce Hall. The cost for the 2008-2009 fall and winter terms (September through April) is $5,329 for new students. Meals are not provided.

More information and application forms for University residences are available from the Office of Residence Admissions, Victoria Hall, E Wing, Queen's University, Kingston, Ontario, telephone (613) 533-2550, email: reshouse@queensu.ca, or at the following website: https://housing.queensu.ca/residence/index.asp

Queen's Apartment and Housing Service manages the University owned rental accommodation around campus, including John Orr Tower and An Clachan, two apartment complexes in West Campus. The University owned rental core properties are located in the vicinity of main campus and are available for rent to Queen's students. There are several types of accommodation available including apartments, houses and student group houses. The Apartment and Housing Service is located on the main campus at 169 University Avenue, telephone (613) 533-2501. More information is available at: http://www.queensu.ca/dsao/housing/ah1.htm

An Clachan is a university-operated complex at the corner of Van Order Drive and MacPherson Avenue just to the north of Queen's West Campus. It has one and two bedroom apartments (unfurnished) at rates for 2008-2009 of $652 and $740, utilities included.

The John Orr Tower, located on the West Campus, contains 123 one-bedroom, unfurnished apartments and is also university operated. Rent for 2008-2009 is $610, utilities included. Regular bus service operates between the Main and West Campus.

Off-campus housing varies widely in style, location, rent and amenities. An Accommodation Listing Service is provided by Queen's Apartment and Housing Service, located at 169 University Avenue. More information is available at http://www.queensu.ca/dsao/housing/alist1.htm. Local newspapers and real estate companies also provide information about private accommodation.

Regardless of what type of housing you decide on, you are advised to begin making arrangements well in advance.

Return to the QEDetails Table of Contents

Return to the QED home page