Professor of Economics
Department of Economics
Kingston, Ontario K7L 3N6
Phone: (613) 533-6257
Fax: (613) 533-6668
Review "In Pursuit of Prestige: Strategy and Competition in US
Higher Education, Dominic J Brewer, Susan M Gates, and Charles A Goldman,
Journal of Economic Literature forthcoming
- "A Bicameral Model of Economic Decisionmaking," in Paul Viminitz (ed.)
Narrowing the Gap between Ideal and Real World Agents, Kluwer
Academic Press, forthcoming.
Dynamics," Review of Income and Wealth 48(2)
June 2002, pages 261-67.
- "Tenure Promotes Honest Hiring," Policy Options 22(10)
December 2001, pages 10-14.
- "Worker Cooperation and the Ratchet Effect," with W. Bentley Macleod,
Journal of Labor Economics, January 2000, pages 1-19.(This paper
won the H. Gregg Lewis prize for the best paper in the Journal of
Labor Economics for 2000 and 2001.)
- "Restructuring the University System: What Level of Public Support,"
Canadian Public Policy 25(1), March 1999, pages 133-140.
- "Fighting for Turf in an Internal Labour Market," in Isao Ohashi and Toshiaki Tachibanaki (eds.), Internal Labour Markets, Incentives, and Employment. (Macmillan Press, London, 1998), pages 81-97.
- "Gift Giving and the Evolution of Cooperation," with Bentley W. MacLeod, International Economic Review, 38(3), August 1997, pages 485-509.
- "Multiskilling, Technical Change and the Japanese Firm," with Bentley W. MacLeod, Economic Journal, 103(416), January 1993, pages 142-60.
Recent Working Papers
should a Behavioral Economist do Welfare Economics," with Bentley
MacLeod, Queen's University mimeo, 2002.
- "Fair Territory: Preferences, Bargaining, and the Endowment Effect," with W. Bentley MacLeod, Queen's University mimeo, 1999.
about Sunk Costs: A Behavioral Solution to the Hold-up Problem,"
with W. Bentley MacLeod, Queen's University mimeo, 1999.
Click here to return to QED homepage.